Sunday 3 February 2013

Research - Art of The Title Sequence


Looking at Art of The Title Sequence, I started watching the opening for Dr No. The first film in the Bond saga uses a discreet opening; separating itself from the film. I think this opening was genius in many ways. Especially, as the opening music, used, builds up the overall image of momentum, suspense and excitement; themes of the film. At 0:23, after Bond shoots his gun and blood shortly covers the screen. I believe that this foreshadows the inevitability of death and that this film is for a mature audience; a typical convention of thrillers. Also, I believe the animation influences audience interaction encouraging them to pay close attention the films plot; it's beyond action. Personally, I like the idea of using a title sequence for my film, however, because we're filming an opening, only. This type of opening may be a little too confusing. With that said, I'd like to keep our group's opening simple; bread and butter.  



No comments:

Post a Comment